June is nearly here, and with this beautiful weather it really feels like Summer has finally arrived. And with the Bank Holiday this weekend (hooray for a three-day weekend!), I hope you’ve all got fun plans to make the most of the sun!
To make it even better, I’ve come up with the perfect recipe to bring the sunshine into your diet – our Vegan Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Miso Almond Dipping Sauce. Whether you’re having friends round or just fancy a taste of the Orient, these little beauties really hit the spot! What’s more, these wonderfully fresh, rainbow-coloured rolls are packed with vegetables and nutrients, without skimping on flavour – so you can tuck in knowing that you’re filling your body with goodness. And they’re gluten and dairy-free. What more could you ask for?!
Below is the recipe for you to make these at home. You can buy the rice wrappers from Ocado, at local health or Asian food store like Whole Foods or Loon Fung. I will also be demonstrating this recipe with our Head Chef Jodi live at the London Produce Show on Wed Jun 7th at 2:30 at the Grosvenor Hotel, Park Lane, London where we will be #celebratingFRESH! We are so in love with these little parcels of YUM!
Much more satisfying than a takeaway!
Vegan Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Miso Almond Dipping Sauce (gf, df, ve)
Serves 4-6 as starter
300 g courgette, grated or spiralised
200 g carrots, grated or spiralised
150 g mangetout, thinly sliced
50 g purple cabbage, thinly sliced
50 g red pepper, thinly sliced
30 g mango, 2 mm cubed (optional)
10 g coriander or micro coriander
10 large Vietnamese rice wrappers
10 g poppy seeds
10 g sesame seeds
- Dip rice paper into a wide tray filled with warm water for 5 seconds until soft. Transfer to a flat surface.
- Start by placing raw vegetables in the centre. Be cautious to not overfill. TIP: fill a quarter of the wrapper.
- When closing, flip both ends in first and then tightly roll.
- Garnish with coriander and a pinch of poppy and sesame seeds.
Miso Almond Dipping Sauce
250 g almond butter
75 g miso paste
3 limes, zest and juice
2 tbsp sesame oil
75-150 ml water
1. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the water.
2. Use a hand blender or whisk to mix dressing until smooth. Add water 50ml at a time until desired dipping consistency.
Be sure to post a pic of your creations on Instagram and tag us @mymapleandco – we’d love to see your skills!
Happy Bank Holiday everyone!