It’s not too far away! Whether you are thinking about Thanksgiving or and Christmas – here are some quick and easy recipes are perfect for the party season ahead. So, think little morsels of delicious savoury nibbles and sweet bites that will satisfy even the fussiest of guests. Made within minutes, you will have more time for your relaxed glamour look and mingling with all your guests.
Here are my top three favourite canapés to get the party started. Give them a try at home or you can order them with us too. x Adria
MISO ALMOND BUTTER TOFU BITES (gf, df, ve)
300g extra firm tofu 1 tsp olive oil
100 g almond butter 30 g miso paste
1/2 lime, zest and juice
1 tbsp sesame oil 15-60 ml water
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Lime zest, edible flowers, and seasonal herbs for garnish
- On a hot grill pan, brush olive oil and grill tofu on each side for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine almond butter, miso, lime, sesame oil and add water 1 tbsp at a time until the desired paste consistency is achieved.
- Spread almond butter dressing onto tofu and cut these into bite-size pieces.
- Garnish with lime zest, flowers and season herbs.
- Serve with a toothpick.
MUSHROOM & TOMATO MINI SKEWERS (gf, df, ve)
48-60 small mushrooms (about 100g)
2 tbsp olive oil
6 thyme sprigs, leaves only
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
24-30 cherry tomatoes (about 100g)
Spinach and amaranth for garnish
- Wash and drain mushrooms. Remove stems.
- Toss mushrooms with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- On a hot pan, cook half the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes. Once cooked set aside and cook remaining mushrooms (note: overcrowding the pan will result in soggy mushrooms).
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- On a toothpick, skewer half a tomato then a mushroom alternating until the toothpick is full.
- Serve with a bed of spinach and amaranth.
RAW CHEWY CASHEW CHOCO BITES (gf, df, ve)
300g pitted dates
1-2 tbsp water
200g whole almonds
200g desiccated coconut, reserve 50g for garnish
60ml coconut oil
120g raw dark chocolate, garnish
75g flaked almonds, garnish
- In the food processor add pitted dates and for about 5 minutes run until smooth or pale in. To achieve the desired consistency and prevent the mixture clumping together add a tablespoon of water at a time to loosen.
- Add dry ingredients and blend for about 2 minutes until nuts are completely broken down.
- Line a 20x20cm square tray with parchment paper and firmly press mixture down flat and levelled so no air pockets remain.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain marie (double boiler) or in a microwave and spread evenly on top of mixture in a tray. Immediately garnish with coconut and flaked almonds before the chocolate cools.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours and then cut into 48 square bites.