This is my easy Monday Night meatless/ veganuary favourite. It’s warming yet fresh and vibrant, and who doesn’t love some spicy fiery Korean gochujang in the middle of January? Enjoy x
- 300g (150g), brown/red rice cooked (dry)
- 335ml, water
- 1/2 tsp, salt
- 130g, raw mushrooms, sliced
- 130g, carrot, shredded
- 130g, courgette, shredded
- 65g, spring onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Gochujang (or red chili pepper paste)
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp, sesame seeds
- Wash and rinse the rice until the water is clear. Place in a pot with water and salt. Bring to the boil, then turn heat down and cover the pot with a lid. Cook on the low heat for 20-30 mins for red rice until cooked (follow packaging instructions).
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Heat a pan with olive oil medium heat. Add diced garlic and sauté for 2 mins on med heat. Add remaining dressing ingredients and stir until even and add more water if dressing too thick.
- Off the heat, combine warm dressing and rice, top with vegetables and garnish with sesame seeds.